Tuesday 14 August 2012

Results Day Ramblings!


So many of my lovely readers are dreading the date 16th August. For many it is 'the day' that decides where they will be heading in their immediate future, and that can be so daunting. This time last year I was so uncertain on where I would be and what I would be doing and it is such a horrible feeling, so I feel for you all! 

Whilst exams are important I must urge you all to try and not panic too much, I'm a great believer in hard work paying off, if you've put the time and effort into your exams it will be reflected in the piece of paper you will recieve!  (Unless you completely blag yourself through sixth form like I did!)
It's important to remember that if you don't get the results you were hoping for it is not the end of the world!  There are plenty of opportunities to re-sit any modules or exams you didn't perform well in. At AS level I got a really poor grade for Russian History and I had the opportunity to resit it twice, and I increased my grade a whole level (admittedly from a U to E!) 



If these are you're A2 results and they determine you're place at University then try to keep calm! I missed out on my offer for my firm university by 10 UMS marks and after a lot of phone calls and tears I managed to keep my place. If you aren't as lucky as I was there are opportunities to find a course you're interesting in through clearing, which really isn't as scary as it sounds! 


Above all the best advice I can give is don't worry too much, your teachers will provide you will all the advice you need and they are there to help! I'm sure you will all do brilliantly and I can't wait to hear all your stories! X 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...