Sunday 5 August 2012

MUA Going For Gold Review



To celebrate Team GB's AMAZING victories this weekend I popped into my local Superdrug to pick up the MUA Going For Gold Palette. This limited edition palette has 10 shimmery eye shadows in various shades of Gold, Silver and Bronze which is perfect for getting into the Olympic spirit! 


Despite being fairly new to MUA's eye shadows I can say I am so impressed with every aspect of this product. The packaging is a relatively minimalist black plastic which is aesthetically pleasing but keeps the product safe from bumps. I threw this in my bag after purchasing and it stayed as good as new! 
This palette is fairly different to other MUA offerings as the pans are square in comparison to the standard circular ones. I feel this is much better as it feels like you get more product, as well as having more space to swirl your brush around! 


I am so amazed by the high quality of the eye shadows! The pigmentation is astounding and it is such good value for money. The shimmery shades will can create a modern twist on the smokey eye, and they are ideal for highlighting too. Too be honest I was a bit taken back by the brightness of the colours to begin with, especially Shade 5 (top far right) as in the pan it's very 'in your face' but in hindsight it can be really wearable when blended with other shades. 

Despite being Olympic Inspired palette I think these will be lovely 'holiday' shades and would look gorgeous with a tan! I have definitely been converted to MUA palettes, having recently picked up Undressed and Heaven and Earth as well, and I will definitely be going back for more palettes! 


Have you tried any of the MUA palettes? What do you think of the quality of money in comparison to other brands? Let me know! X 


MUA Going For Gold is available in selected Superdrug stores and online here for £4, but it's currently on offer for £1 off! 



2 comments:

  1. I really want to try this palette, the shadows look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot recommend it enough, it's so beautiful! xxx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...